Thursday, April 5, 2012

Step Away from the Candy

I repeat.  Step away from the candy.

It is that time of year when the Easter Bunny rears its ugly head by bringing too much candy into your house.  So what's a girl to do?

1.  Don't buy Easter candy until the last minute.  Buying it a week or two (or three!) ahead of time will = no candy Easter morning.  Hmmmmmmm, who ate all the candy???  Mom. She's the only one that knows where it is!

2.  Buy candy you don't like.  Boom!  Temptation gone.

3.  Put the candy out of sight.  Store it on the highest shelf where you don't walk past it every 5 minutes.  Sticking your hand in a bowl of M&Ms every 10 minutes adds up FAST.

4.  Indulge a little.  Ask yourself...is this treat SO good and tasty that I want to waste 100, 200, 300 calories on it???  Save your calories for something you LOVE!

So, after all this great advice, I have a confession.  After I taught a kick-butt bootcamp this morning, I came home and ate a mini Twix.  I think I need to read my own blog.  HA!

We are only human.  Even if "all" the other moms seem perfect, they are not. I will say that again....THEY ARE NOT.  I promise this is true.  Don't beat yourself up if you missed a workout or ate the entire bag of M&Ms.  We all struggle with something - body issues, marriage issues, children, finances, and on and on.

It is Holy Week this week.  Take time to praise God for this ONE body He gave you.  Thank Him who washed away all our sin.  Use your body to glorify Him by extending His grace, His mercy, His kindness, His understanding and His love to all those you come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment